Binary Array Inkjet
Videojet® BX Series
Throughput is the name of the game. The more jobs you can print and the faster you get them done, the greater your potential profits.
The Videojet BX6500 provides one printhead with a 2-inch (51mm) print band running at speeds up to 1970 feet/minute (600mpm). For even greater throughput, the BX6600 offers a dual-head configuration operating off a single print engine. That’s four continuous inches (102mm) to print graphics and text in a single pass. The heads can also be separated for printing on different areas of the target piece.
Native 128 x 128 dpi and up to 128 x 256 dpi (with an encoder adjustment) resolution delivers solid print quality for addresses, maps, graphics, promotional messages and a wide range of other applications.
- Basic addressing of mail and more complex printing of variable graphics, logos and 2D barcodes
- Delivers unparalleled value and flexibility for printing on difficult substrates such as glossy stock and UV coatings
Get up and running quickly and keep
- A computer-initiated clean start-up sequence minimizes manual operator procedures and gets into print mode in a matter of minutes
- Printer shut down is just as simple, with one mouse click doing nearly all the work
- An automatic phasing process optimizes print quality and uptime without any operator intervention
- An economical and efficient use of solvent is driven by an integrated temperature-controlled viscometer and solvent condenser
Prints on your choice of substrates
A wide variety of fast drying inks are available, ranging from low VOC acetone to MEK. This allows expanded print capabilities including jobs printed on aqueous coated, UV coated and other difficult-to-print high gloss stocks. Videojet fluids are designed for optimum performance, providing reduced operating costs, increased uptime and maximum print quality.
- Unassisted dry time of one second eliminates dryers and their associated high energy costs
- Red, green and blue inks enable the addition of color to print jobs
- Specialty inks allow for printing on plastic cards and unmatched barcode readability
A simple-to-use powerful user interface
Videojet’s Crescendo Controller is a simple to navigate operator interface that comes standard with password protected sign-in levels to ensure appropriate access.
- A single Crescendo Controller can control one or two BX 6500/6600 cabinets with up to four printheads
- Dual job capability to place each head on a separate line – both controlled by one Crescendo controller – or complete a single job in half the time
- PDF proofing for easy customer review and approval
- Popular bar codes including Intelligent Mail® Package Barcode (IMpb) and Quick Response (QR) code.
High-speed digital printing
The BX printer clocks in at speeds up to 1970 feet per minute (600 mpm) and is ready to take on your fastest jobs whether installed on a web, rewinder, mail transport or other high-speed piece of equipment. For example, on select transports with in-line automatic mail sorting features, this speed capability can translate to over 50,000 mail pieces per hour. Addressing, variable graphics and barcodes – the BX6500/6600 Series delivers a perfect balance of image quality and high-speed to meet your application needs.
High reliability plus durability equals high productivity
The BX6500/6600 Series printheads are built to last and not be
“consumable” items. Designed to last the life of the system, BX printheads
have no hour meter and do not require replacing or refurbishing.
- BX6500/6600 series printers are designed to withstand the most rugged applications
- Corrosion- and solvent-resistant stainless steel IP5X-rated cabinet and printhead nozzles
Flexible configurations and universal compatibility
The BX6500/6600 Series printers can be used as standalone printers or as part of an in-line printing application. They can be integrated with a variety of production equipment such as web presses, bindery or packaging lines.
- Compact printhead design, 19.7 foot (6m) umbilical and the ability to print in any angle (360° rotation)
- Print on just about any substrate in just about every in-line application imaginable
- Portable enough to roll from job to job as necessary
- Capable of being driven by third party controllers
Enhance your existing BX
The availability of the BX6500/6600 models presents the opportunity to upgrade existing
- Upgrade requires replacing an existing BX controller with the Crescendo controller and switching out certain printer engine circuit boards
- The result is an enhanced BX printing system that allows you to not only save time through additional controller features, but also the ability to take on more complex and demanding jobs
Videojet® BX Series
if you need more information don’t hesitate to contact us
Videojet® BX Series
Binary Array Inkjet
128 x 256 dpi (in the direction of travel)
128 x 128 @ 1970fpm (600mpm), image dependent
1970fpm (600mpm), image dependent
2 inches (51mm) per printhead, up to two printheads per cabinet
Multiple formats including, but not limited to: jpg, bmp, gif, pcx, etc
Most Windows® TrueType® and OpenType (with TrueType outline) fonts; .SPF fonts (exported from BX 63/64 system)
Linear: Code39, Code128, EAN128, ITF, EAN8, UPCa, UPCe, Codabar, GS1-128, Intelligent
Mail® barcode, Royal Mail, KIX, Australia Post, Intelligent Mail® package barcode, EAN13
2D: PDF417, DataMatrix, German Premium Address, GS1 DataMatrix QR Code
Barcodes: 90 degree intervals
Text and graphics: any angle
Print band orientation
Normal, Invert, Reverse, Invert and Reverse
One Crescendo can drive one or two BX 6500/6600 cabinets (up to four printheads)
1/16 inch – 1/4 inch
Porous paper, aqueous & UV coated paper, most plastics, certain glass and metals; other
unique surfaces have been tested
Controller and software
Windows® 7 Professional 32-bit – embedded
2 x 1GB LAN connections
Integrated suite for configuration, maintenance, layout, and printing data; standard
Videojet IO Box
Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
InspectorTM – provides monitoring of a variety of operational parameters and manual override capabilities (optional)
Fixed Field, Fixed Record, Delimited, Multiline, CSV, TEX, TX2, MDB, DBF, JS2
5.3 liter permanent reservoirs for ink and make-up
MEK, Acetone, Acetone/Ethanol blend
Red, Blue, Green (Acetone/Ethanol only)
One per head, enabling multiple colors on a multi-head printer configuration
Special purpose inks
Black MEK versions for optimized bar code readability and additional plastic card adhesion
Stand alone mount
Stand alone cleaning station
Feeder control cables, detector, mount
Electrical and environmental
220 – 240 VAC 50/60 Hz or 120 VAC; 50/60 Hz, Single Phase
8A (240V), 16A (120V)
40° F (4°C) to 100° F (38°C)
10% – 80% RH non-condensing
Recommended at the printhead
41 inches (104.1cm) H x 19.7 inches (50.0cm) W x 23.6 inches D (60.0cm)
12.8 inches (32.5cm) H x 3.94 inches (10.0cm) W x 4.33 inches D (11.0cm)
304 Stainless steel
305 Stainless steel
40/80 psi (15/30 liters) min. consumption
19.7 feet (6m) in length
Peace of mind comes as standard
Videojet Technologies is a world-leader in the product identification market, providing in-line printing, coding, and marking products, application specific fluids, and product life cycle services.
Our goal is to partner with our customers in the consumer packaged goods, pharmaceutical, and industrial goods industries to improve their productivity, to protect and grow their brands, and to stay ahead of industry trends and regulations. With our customer application experts and technology leadership in Continuous Inkjet (CIJ), Thermal Inkjet (TIJ), Laser Marking, Thermal Transfer Overprinting (TTO), case coding and labeling, and wide array printing, Videojet has more than 325,000 printers installed worldwide.
Our customers rely on Videojet products to print on over ten billion products daily. Customer sales, application, service, and training support is provided by direct operations with over 3,000 team members in 26 countries worldwide. In addition, Videojet’s distribution network includes more than 400 distributors and OEMs, serving 135 countries.